2012 Popcorn Program
Face it parents: we grew up in a different time. As kids, nothing was handed to us. We either worked or helped to earn our rewards: money, an activity with friends, or something we wanted. Scouting still believes in and stands for the core value of earning!
Benefits to Your Scout and Family:
- Teaches Scouts the value & process of setting and working toward goals
- Gives Scouts a strong sense of accomplishment through recognition
- Enhances communication, leadership skills and confidence in your Scout
- Scouts can earn valuable rewards including gift cards and prizes
- Scouts can earn their way to an adventure at a Pack Sleepover
Below are the goals you and your Scout should strive for...
- $250.00 per Scout - Tiger Cubs
- $300.00 per Scout - Wolf Cubs
- $350.00 per Scout - Bear Cubs
- $450.00 per Scout - Webelos
Ways to Sell:
Show and Deliver
- The Scout requests popcorn on consignment (variety could vary). He sells what he can and returns the rest with no penalty
- The Scout, with his Akela, goes door to door with a Take Order Form
- The Scout carries Trail's End Popcorn with him (in a van or car) and is able to fulfill the customer's popcorn order right away.
- The Scout requests popcorn on consignment (variety could vary). He sells what he can and returns the rest with no penalty.
- The Scout with his Akela goes door to door with a Take Order Form. Take Order Forms will provided during the Popcorn Kickoff
- The customer writes his/her order on the Take Order Form and the Scout collects the money.
- The Scout processes the order and delivers the Popcorn to the Customer in a few weeks.
Selling at Work
- Mom and/or Dad take an order form to their work.
- Fellow co-workers write their order on the order form.
- Mom and/or Dad deliver product and collect the money in a few weeks.
- (It is best to collect the money upfront when possible)
- The Scout communicates his Order Key via email, phone, and so on, to potential or existing customers. The Customer can go online and purchase popcorn with a Credit Card at http://www.trails-end.com/trailsend/scouts/
- The Product is shipped directly from Trail’s End to the customer and the Scout and Unit receive credit for the Sale.
Show and Sells
- Show and Sells make up a big part of our popcorn program. We've obtained permission from local businesses to set up a sales table. Show and Sells have plenty of products on-hand for people to buy. Different Scouts work at the table in shifts. Always have adult supervision.
- Check the calendar for show and sell times and other important details.
Scouts can also create their own Show and Sell
- by reaching out to local businesses and getting permission to set up a table for sales. If you do, be sure to let us know. We're happy to help you help us by coordinating other Scout's participation and providing the popcorn!
Signing up for Show and Sells
Parent Action Items
Popcorn Sales Begin
Order Forms Due
Show and Sell Dates
10am - 4pm
9am - 3pm
Prizes and Rewards:
- Receive gift cards from Trail-End (see order forms)
- Den Reward for sales and participation (Free Sleepover Event for 90% participation and 110% of sales goal)
- Top Individual Sellers Reward (Free Sleepover Event for $650 in sales)
Our fundraising effort helps to make Scouting a great experience for our sons, siblings and parents. Here is a just a small sampling of the 2010/11 activities supported by your fund raising efforts and participation:
- Pack T-shirt, Hat, Neckerchief, Slide and Handbooks
- Birdhouse kits and construction
- Franklin Institute Sleepover
- Family hayride at Linvilla Orchards
- Pack meeting refreshments
- Pinewood derby kits, trophies, track and pizza party
- Pack sports night at the Health Plex
- Movie Nights
- Family Picnic
- Rain Gutter Regatta boat kits & party
- Cub World camping
- Scout patches, badges and recognition awards